|For You I Will is a story that I am going to try and get published. It's a gay romance that also touches on issues of disabilities and the negitive views and beliefs people have of these conditions. Also some cultural issuses are touched upon too.|
I hope you'll enjoy the story and will give me your constructive feedback.
-You have to say who tagged you!
-NO DOUBLE TAGGING!!!
-You must be truthful. No cheating!
-You must answer ALL questions!
-You just lost The Game.
(You don’t have to follow these rules! Screw the rules! )
1. Full name: Nicolas Carroll Burton (it’s finally legal and everything. :3 )
2. Age: 33
3. Birth Date: September 8
4. Birth Place: Spokane, Washington, USA
5. Gender: Male
6. Occupation: Disabled
7. Relationship status: Engaged
8. Height: 5’3
9. I’ll make up my own 3: Not sharing, sorry. (I’m assuming this was a weight question)
10. Eye Colour: Black (technically I don’t have irises so if you want to be really technical I don’t have an eye color. But black in this case is the absence of the color so yeah...)
11. Hair Colour: dark blond/light brown...whatever...
12. Currently Living: I was just about to be a smartass and say, ‘yes’. Not exactly where I’d like to be living, which would be in a house instead of an apartment but you know beggars can’t be choosers and all that.
13. Food: Umm… all of it! (These hips don’t lie) <-I loved LadyMetaRose’s answer so much I just left it because it’s so true for me too.
14. Drink: Ice tea
15. Band/Singer: I have way too many and it’s a very eclectic mix. Phil Collins, The Monkees, The Beatles, Garth Brooks, P!nk, Pentatonix, and Savage Garden; just to name a few with so many others unnamed here.
16. Song: Again I have so many favorites but the one that’s kind of my theme in some ways is “How I’m Living Now” by Christian Kane
17. Movie: Again way to many to choose just one but some of my long running favorites are: Man in the Iron Mask, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, The Birdcage, and The Sixth Sense. (Again just to name a few, there are loads more that I love!)
18. TV Show: Criminal Minds, That 70’s Show, The A-Team, MASH, Bewitched (did you notice the shows started to get older as my list went on. Again though this only scratches the surface of my favorites.)
19. Book: Harry Potter (all 7 books), Death Gate Cycle (All 7 books), Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. I’m sure there’s many more but I can’t think of them at the moment.
20. Colour: Blue, aqua, peach
Do you prefer...
21. Coke or Pepsi?: Coke (if I had to choose)
22. Anime or Disney: Both
23. Guys or Girls?: I’m assuming in a romantic sense? I’m attracted to men, but ended up falling in love with a woman. Love can be funny like that.
24. Lips or Eyes?: Eh? Eyes I guess...
25. Kisses or Hugs?: hmmm, hugs.
26. Eating or Drinking?: Eating...unfortunately.
27. Novels or Comics?: Either, but novels are easier because I can usually find them as an audio book.
29. Outdoors or Indoors?: Sadly indoors because it causes less migraines.
30. Camera or Cellphone?: hmmm, cell phone. I love taking pictures and all but my cell phone has so many useful tools on it that help me in my day to day life that I can’t deny it’s more useful.
32. TV or Computer?: Computer
33. Why did you choose your username? I used a Japanese-English dictionary and used the words for autumn colored and rose (akibara) and my lucky number: 13
34. What is your favourite piece of your own work? That’s kind of a hard one, but this is one of them ->
You'd think after so many years I'd be able to sleep the night before Valentine's Day. Instead all I could do was lie awake, worried and excited about the day to come. My Valentine for years now is my best friend Jake; trouble is he doesn't know that I'm his Valentine. I've been in love with him for just about the entire time I've known him but I've never told him because well he likes girls. I never wanted to ruin our friendship because of how I felt, when I know he doesn't share that feeling. Every Valentine's Day I can't help but send him a romantic email and send him a gift, completely anonymous of course. It's hard to stay quiet when I see him read the email and appreciate the gift. His eyes always seem to light up. That's the part I always love is seeing his expression when he receives those. It makes the silence worth it.
Its like clockwork though. The day before Valentine's Day I get anxious; the usual, what if he doesn't like what I've gotten him, and the more scary, what
35. What is your most popular Deviation?
For You I Will Chapter 1 (based on faves. )
For You I Will
Author's Note: This is a companion story to my short story of the same name. Namely it has my two characters Mikasi and Jamie.
The first day of the school year was always Mikasi's least favorite. It wasn't because it was school; it was because the weather was still summer. At eight O'clock it was already getting overly warm in the classrooms unlucky enough to get the morning sun. At times like this Mikasi always seriously considered cutting his shoulder length, raven black hair. It was coarse and thick, holding in the heat like a horse blanket. In the end he never went through with that idea. He sighed and dug in his backpack for the hair elastic he'd put in there knowing he'd most likely need it. He hadn't thought he'd need it so early in the day though.
Mikasi looked up from his bag when he heard some of his classmates start to murmur. As he pulled out the hair-tie and began to pull his hair into some semblance of a ponytail he
36. Look to your left. What is the first thing you see?: A box of dog treats.
37. Now to your right: A water bottle
38. Something you can't live without: hmmm, sadly enough, the internet...
39. Person you saw: my fiancé
40. Person you hugged: Same as above
41. Movie you watched: How to Train Your Dragon 2
42. Song you listened to: “Time in a Bottle” by Jim Croce
43. Book you read: “A Wizard Abroad” by Diane Duane
44. Thing you ate/drank: Root beer float ice cream bar
45. Time you cried and why: About a week or two ago. A complete melt down over a stupid dog.
46. Time you laughed and why: Tonight watching random funny clips people reshared on facebook.
47. Time you went out: Saturday, when I went to visit my dad in the hospital.
48. Person you dated: Uh, I can’t even remember his name.
49. Person you kissed: Same as above.
50. Crush you had: Real? Or imaginary? Real was a boy in 2nd grade and imaginary...I can’t really remember which crush came first I had so many TV heartthrobs when I was little.
51. Thing you think about when you wake up: “The alarms going off already? I didn’t even hardly get to sleep yet! %@$&#...”
52. Best friend you ever had: A girl named Amy. We met in 5th grade, I think it was. We lost contact when I moved way from Olympia.
53. School you went to: Hofstetter Elementary School
54. Big vacation you went on: Went to Yellowstone National Park with some friends when I was 21. My family was always too poor to ever take vacations.
55. Award you got: Student of the month when I was in first grade, I think...
Have you ever...
56. Broken the law: I’ve jaywalked, but that’s really about it.
57. Been arrested: Nope!
58. Had a hangover: Never! (And yes, I have drank before.)
59. Been in hospital: Yes (both as a visitor and a patient).
60. Been in a car crash: Yes, actually I’ve been in one major car crash and several fender benders that have caused injury.
61. Flown on a plane: Yep! I used to fly back and forth from Spokane to Portland to go to the Washington State School for the Blind when I was in high school. I’d fly into Portland on Sunday, live on campus and then fly home on Friday to spend the weekend at home. Did that from the last half of my freshman year in high school ‘til I graduated in the spring of 1999.
62. Been on a boat: Yep, a few times.
63. Traveled overseas: No, I wish...
64. Had sex: Not that it’s any of your business, but yes.
65. Gotten pregnant: Uh, no...and thankfully that’s no longer a concern.
66. Had an abortion: A little hard since I’ve never been pregnant...
67. Been to a concert: Once, in the summer of 1998. It was a Garth Brooks concert.
68. (Wait? This one is missing too? I'll make up my own again) Had a pet that wasn't a cat or dog?: Yep, I’ve had a rabbit and ferrets.
69. Skipped school/work: Yep
70. Broken a bone: Not yet, thankfully.
71. Who is your closest friend on Deviant Art? I have several but if I had to choose it would be and
72. What is your favourite Deviation by them? Okay, now that is harder than even choosing my closest friends here on dA. I fave pretty much everything these two upload so to I don’t think I could even choose!
73. (Where’d it go? Here's another made up by LadyMetaRose) What piece of theirs inspires you the most? Yeah, nice try indeed LadyMetaRose I couldn’t even answer the last one either.
74. What is their greatest work? Yet again, I can’t friggin’ choose!
75. Any favourite Deviant Art groups in mind? Really good for people who want to improve their art and or writing skills but not a group for getting your work seen.
76. What is your favourite artwork by the Founder of the group? but I can’t choose!
77. The Co-Founder(s)? is kind of our co-founder now but I love all of her stuff and I’m kinda biased anyway.
78. How about the Contributors? Oh, come on now! I can’t choose!
79. Who was your very first Watcher on Deviant Art?
80. What is your favourite artwork by them? They don’t have any...
81. Have you ever had any Daily Deviations?: No...
82. Have you ever won a contest with your artwork?: uhm...I think a small group contest.
83. Show us the first Deviation you submitted to Deviant Art:
84. Show us your most recent submission:
More personal stuff...
85. Religion: Christian
86. Social class: poor
87. Ethnicity: You know, as much as I hate to say it, it’s true: American
88. Languages spoken: English, some German, and some Japanese.
89. A scar you have: I have quite a few from surgeries and what not...
90. Preferred medium: Pencil but I’m finding it easier for me to work on the computer in some ways because of my vision.
91. Where is your dream holiday location?: Great Britain and Japan primarily.
92. What are you wearing right now?: Shorts and a t-shirt.
93. What is the last thing you bought?: food
94. When did you join Deviant Art?: 3 years ago
95. WHY did you join?: To look at art and comment to the artists and be able to post my own writing and art.
96. What type of membership do you have? I used to have Premium but don’t anymore... :sad:
97. Are you playing a game? Which game? Final Fantasy II
98. Are you a member of any other websites? Oh yeah!
99. Do you enjoy answering pointless questions like these ones? Well I answered them didn’t I?
100. You're DONE! Now, tag 5 friends: I tag whoever wants to do it.
I'm visually impaired. Trying to establish myself as a writer. I dabble a bit in fanart though because of my vision that makes it difficult, but I have done a decent amount of fan fiction. Yep, I'm a Shonen Ai/ Yaoi loving fanboy. |
Current Residence: Spokane, WA
Favourite genre of music: Anything but rap.
Operating System: Windows 7
Favourite cartoon character: The Mad Hatter - Batman: TAS, Valmont - JCA , And Sebastian - Kuroshitsuji